A major re-generation project delivering a new 25,000 sq ft (Net Sales) eco-food store, Tesco’s, on this town centre site, re-energising the retail centre and drawing shoppers back to Cefn Mawr.
The scheme involved the relocation of the Cefn Druids Football Club to a new purpose built stadium secured and built by The Pickstock Group, half a mile from the original ground. The existing facilities were poor and failed to meet Welsh FA and EUFA standards and have been replaced with a modern, fully compliant stadium which will allow the Cefn Druids to compete at both the National and European level.
- Re-location of the existing football club from its town centre site to a redundant quarry
- Replaced the existing facilities with one of the most modern, high quality venues in the Welsh League
- Constructed the new football pitch according to specialist design and specification, to provide a robust high performance playing surface throughout the season. A bespoke drainage system within and below the pitch and specialist turf installations were used
- Town Centre re-development generated the value to deliver the new football club
- Worked closely with Cefn Druids Football Club to design an up to date football club
- Worked in partnership with the community Council, County Council and regional Government as well as liaison with National and Local Politicians
- Completed the Land assembly of numerous land interests.