Ice Plaza, Romania
Acquisition 11.1 ha of land on the south side of Arad fronting the main A1 highway between Vienna and Bucharest. Delivery of Outline Planning Consent for a shopping centre totalling 80,000 sq.m. and incorporating restaurants and a cinema. Delivery of a building permit to commence initial infrastructure works and phase 1 of the centre totalling 15,400 sq.m.
- Acquisition of 11.1 ha of agricultural land formerly in multi ownership
- Re-zoning for commercial use and inclusion in the city boundary
- Formed a strong Partnership with City Hall, the Mayor and City architect.
- Work up design of shopping/leisure centre using project and local architects
- Agree road improvements and contribution from City to extension of tram
- Obtain PUZ ( outline consent ) for 80,000 sq.m. of retail and leisure.
- Obtain PAC ( building permit ) for infrastructure and phase 1 of the centre of 15,400 sq.m
- Marketing to national and international retailers
- Currently in negotiation with a number of potential anchors
- Arad–Timisoara section of the new A1 Trans European highway now open.
- Site sits on Arad south junction of the highway making it highly strategic.